Happy South Savonians
“The well-being of people living in South Savo is based on the safe and pure living environment and new ways of providing wellness services. Well-being comes also from culture, physical exercise and social activities. Sustainable growth builds good life.”
Manager, Regional Development, Culture and Wellbeing
Well-being goes tightly hand in hand with the other strengths of South Savo: forest, food, water, and tourism
The pure nature, safe environment and strong health education and research expertise are the cornerstones of well-being. The social and health sector is the biggest employer in South Savo.
In addition to the special expertise in the health sector, also multi-local living, the ageing population, pure nature, and the related services create new opportunities in the future.
Srengths of the economy of well-being
- High education and special expertise
- Social innovations
- Commercial opportunities of digital and other services
- Pleasant and safe living environment
- Pure nature
- Sports, physical activity and cultural well-being
- Health security
- Opportunities of multi-locality
Goals of the economy of well-being
- Commercialisation of services
- Enhancing expertise
- Using the potential of the ageing population
- Sustainable commercial use of the pure nature
The well-being of South Savo is based on pure nature, a safe environment and strong health expertise
We develop community and local well-being and culture
The network for developing communality and local well-being focuses on people's well-being, quality of life and sense of community.
Read more about the network and clusters in South Savo.